Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's Happening

I leave for Denver in 5 days. God has been faithful, and the money has been coming in. I'm almost halfway there. I've still got $665 to go. But I know He will come through, because He's God.

I'm starting to get excited about all that I'll be involved with once I'm there. It's the "getting there" part that's hard. I've been doing laundry for the past 2 days, and I have yet to pack. I still have to say goodbye to a lot of people, and I have to do a lot of other things that I'm worried about cramming into this weekend. One thing that I am definitely taking time out for, is watching my brother get baptized Saturday night! He's decided to rededicate his life to the Lord, and so he wants to get baptized. I am so proud of him, and so thankful for the changes that have been happening over the last year. God is so good.

As excited as I am to go somewhere new, and to do the things God has planned for me, it will be hard leaving this place. I know it may sound pathetic, but I'm really sad about leaving my dogs. Not because I'll miss them (I will), but because they don't understand why I'm gone! For all they know, I could be dead. That's all...also, I'll really miss my nieces, and everyone else. But since this is what God has for me, I know it will be a great experience. Nothing I could have ever planned for myself. I know I will be stretched, and I will grow. I'll make new friends and I'll get a lot of ministry experience. I'll meet homeless people and kids from broken homes, and drug addicts...I'll tell them how much they are loved, and it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment